Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jawa comunity - 1

Last Friday, while I was busy doing my work at the office, my officemate, Fandi told me that Ramlee Salman was at E2 on a private bussiness. Fandi, Ramlee and I were once working at Rantau PETRONAS School in Kertih.
By looking at the photo, you can guess that Ramlee, Minjuk and me have one common similarity. No, Ramlee is not an EPL fan. We are from Johor and most important, we have Javanese background. Unfortunately during our short meeting, I noticed that Ramlee has relingquished his Javanese status. Whenever I spoke to him in our mothertongue, he would reply back in a heavy Terengganu slang.
Ramlee is currently teaching and recides at Dungun, Terengganu.

1 comment:

Sukimin said...

haha.....minjuk juga yang terkena. Minjuk ni memang suka nak cakap jawa tapi masalahnya orang jawa sendiri geli nak mendengarnya sebab pronunciation dan vocabnya dah ke laut ..... Tapi kalau orang bukan jawa dengar, dia orang kira ternganga jugak ler....sebab dia org fikir minjuk ni terer ckp jawa, hehehe