Monday, June 4, 2012

Mr Saayun Mingat

After attending Ijah's wedding and a wonderful Singapore holiday, my family and I journeyed back to Putrajaya last Tuesday morning. As my routine, I would stop over at any of my friends' house for a visit. As I chose Pontian - Batu Pahat - Muar - Melaka - Putrajaya route, I stopped at Pt Hj. Karim, Air Baloi to see my old friend Mr. Saayun and his family. 

I first met him on my 2nd. year of teaching when I was transferred from SRJK[C] Loy Yu [2] to SK Sri Setia, Benut. He was like a big brother to me. During those days an ordinary teacher's pay was not much. All I own was a red 125cc Honda GL motorbike bought by my father. Mr. Saayun, and several other teachers [Mr. Saburi, Mr. Hashim, Mr. Zaini, Pn. Tugini & Mr. Bakiron]  would convoy until Benut town after school. Sometimes we have to be extra slow because it is not nice to overtake Mr. Hanafiah, our headmaster who rode his classic Vespa to his home at Sanglang.

I can still remember when my eldest son had a high fever. It was quite late at night. I need to take him to Pontian hospital. The public phone by the roadside was broken. I have to go to the Benut Police Station to make a call to Mr. Saayun. He owns a Toyota KE70 car with a JA? 3434 registration number.  He drove all the way from Air Baloi and helped me to get my sick son to Pontian hospital.

Mr. Saayun is nor retired. But sadly he is not well. He told me his diabetic is getting worse. He has to go for a dialysis treatment three times every week. On my visit it was his 8th. treatment using the dialysis machine. Luckily his wife is always with him. May Allah bless my friend, Mr. Saayun.


No comments: